The 2016 Toronto Anarchist Bookfair – July 23-24
The Toronto Anarchist Bookfair is only 9 days away! Join us for a weekend full of anti-authoritarian activities, workshops, books, zines, food, friends, and great conversations!
Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th
10:30am – 6pm
Steelworkers’ Hall (25 Cecil Street).
There will be a great selection of workshops this year, with presentations on:
- The Occupation of INAC (Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada), before, after and now
- Pinkwashing and Homonationalism
- Deconstructing Intoxication Culture
- Applying Anarchist Ideas to Current Cloud and Standalone Tech
- Calling In: Doing Justice without Breaking Each Other
- The Ontario Coalition Against Poverty
- And many more!
There will also be an amazing group of tablers:
- PM Press, Kersplebedeb, The Wheelhouse, Toronto Media Co-op, Upping the Anti, Look Mum! Zine Distro, Waks Fruit Micro Press, Ankle Bone Books, From the Margins, AK Press, the Women’s Coordinating Committee for a Free Wallmapu, aNaRCHo’s Bargain Books, Great Worm Distro, KW Inforshop, Blue Heron Books, Little Black Cart, Harvest Noon, Androgynborg, Black Rose Books, The Tower, OCAP, Between The Lines, Radical Design, Anti-fascist defence fund… and more!
Want to help out? From postering to childcare, please give us a hand!
Contact us at email@example.com
We are committed to making the Bookfair as accessible and welcoming as possible: The Steelworkers’ Hall is wheelchair accessible; there will be childcare and kids programming; there will be a People of Colour space. And as always the Bookfair will abide by our Safer Space and Sexual Assault and Consent policies. If you have other ideas or suggestions for improving the accessibility of the event please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate you.
The Toronto Anarchist Bookfair Collective